Mississauga Lodge was founded in 1914 and the building itself is a former First Nations Methodist church that dates to the 1840s.

Originally located at the corner of Lakeshore Road West and Peter Street, by 1894 the congregation had outgrown its former home. The building was sold to James Robinson Shaw, one of the members of the congregation who moved to the parking lot of its present location and was used as a community hall for the next 20 years. In 1915, Mississauga Lodge purchased the building and after continuing to use it as-was for the next decade, extensively renovated it digging a foundation, basement and adding extensions to the front and back of the structure.

W. Bro. Larry Francis W.M
W. Bro. Hansel Penaflor-Marcek I.P.M
Bro. Vinesh Lala S.W
Bro. Raza Khan J.W
V. W. Bro. Philip Hebert Treas.
W. Bro. Steve Toner Sec.
A\ Sec.
Bro. Victor Andino S.D
J.D
W. Bro. John McLaughlin D of C
Bro. Kirk Bolla I.G
Bro. Arnel Reales S.S
Bro. Chad Moyles J.S
Bro. Rafal Furtak Chaplin
Bro. Simon Okoroji Tyler
Bro. Tom McCartney Organist
Historian
Advisory Board
Chairman: R.W. Bro. Bill Bath
R.W. Bro. George Burt
R.W. Bro. Howard Adams
W. Bro. John McLaughlin
Assisstant Stewards
Bro. Raza Khan (All initiated since 2014)
Benevolence
Chairman: W. Bro Steve Toner
Blood Donors
Chairman: Bro. Chad Moyles
Communications
Chairman: R.W. Bro. Howard Adams
Mentor/Friend to Friend
Chairman: R.W. Bro. Bill Bath
Bro. Vic Andino
Education/Mentors
Chairman: R.W. Bro Bill Bath
Bro. Victor Andino
General Purposes
Chairman: Bro. Vinesh Lala
Assistant Sec: Bro.
Entertainment/Fellowship
Chairman: Bro. Raza Khan
Finance Reviewers
R.W. Bro. George Burt
W. Bro. Donald Craig
Librarian
Chairman: Bro. Ralph Cornish
Lodge Facilitator
Chairman: Bro. Vinesh Lala
Long Range Planning
Chairman: R.W. Bro. Bill Bath
V.W. Bro. Phil Hebert
W. Bro. David Lovelock
W. Bro. John McLaughlin
Masonic Foundation/Projects
TBA

Mississauga Masonic Temple

IN THE BEGINNING and for the first seven years, Mississauga Masonic Corporation personnel consisted of the entire Mississauga Lodge membership. Indeed the acquisition of our Temple building was made possible by personal loans from several ardent pioneer members of Mississauga Lodge. Its name is thereby seen to be quite appropriate. As Grand Lodge of our jurisdiction does not sanction Masonic lodges holding property, the Corporation was, for that reason created. THE FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY of the CORPORATION is that of maintaining the building, including upkeep, insurance, heating, taxes, janitor service and last but not least – rent collection.

MEMORANDUM of AGREEMENT of the MISSISSAUGA MASONIC CORPORATION was made and entered into on March 19th 1917; signed by Charles Elliot, William S. Gibson, Walter G. Price, Edward Burns, Edwin S. Munroe, Johnson J. Foy, and John A. Smith; signatures witnessed by John E. Hall, all members of Mississauga Lodge. So they were Charter Members who also held an organisation meeting May 7th 1917, at the residence of Charles Elliott, at which time the ‘Signers of the Agreement’ were elected the first Board of Directors of which Charles Elliott was made Chairman and W.G. Price, Secretary. “The Letters Patent” were read clause by clause and made the “Charter of The Corporation”, on motion of Ed. Burns, seconded by J. J. Foy. A Corporate Seal was agreed upon and adopted – “to have the words MISSISSAUGA MASONIC CORPORATION within two concentric circles and THE INDIAN HEAD OF THE MISSISSAUGA LODGE in the centre thereof”.

In Early in 1914, meetings of the above mentioned masons were called and held in the homes of Walter Price and William Gibson. These two Masons seen to have been the instigators of the meetings. These meetings proved fruitful, for, at the last of them, held at the home of Walter Price on April 16, 1914 a Dispensation to start a Lodge was applied for, a Secretary appointed ( W.G. Price ), a Treasurer (J.W.Thompson), a Committee to nominate the officers, $600 borrowed to launch the Lodge, and a previously appointed committee to procure furniture reported that they could obtain Lodge furnishings once used by Ashlar Lodge and now in storage, for $500.00.

At the above meeting were 12 brethren, all to be charter members. They are marked thus * on the following list. The Lodge would have 22 Charter Members. River Park Lodge, Streetsville is given the honour of sponsoring the new Lodge, perhaps because four of the charter members were from there, more than from any other single Lodge.

100 Years +

  • Mississauga Lodge, No. 524 GRC, Port Credit (2003-Present)
  • Mississauga Lodge, No. 524 GRC, Mississauga (1974-2003)
  • Mississauga Lodge, No. 524 GRC, Port Credit (1915-1974)
  • Mississauga Lodge, UD GRC, Port Credit (1914-1915)

At the 59th Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge A.F. & A.M. of Canada in the Province of Ontario (July 15-16, 1914, Niagara Falls), the Grand Master, M. W . Bro. W illiam David McPherson, KC, reported (1914 Annual Proceedings, p 28) that he had issued ten dispensations for the formation of new Lodges2 but without specifying dates, including one for Mississauga Lodge in Port Credit, Toronto West District No. 11. The DDGM, R. W . Bro. John Stephens, reported on the District but there is no mention of the Lodge or its institution (1914 Annual Proceedings, p 199) and the Committee on W arrants recommended (1914 Annual Proceedings, p 296) that five dispensations be continued for a further year, including that for Mississauga Lodge.

The Lodge was instituted on September 30, 1914 by R. W . Bro. George Smith, DDGM, Toronto District 11 and several Grand Lodge officers. The first application for membership was received in October. Mississauga Lodge, No. 524 was dedicated and consecrated on September 23, 1915. Meetings were held on the Thursday on or before the full moon until June 1916 when the date was changed to the third Thursday of every month.

The first rooms used by the Lodge were on the third floor of the residence of Bro. J. J. Foy. These were used until January 28, 1915 when the Lodge moved into new facilities at the corner of Port and Peter Streets. This building was the early 1838 church built to replace the original wood and bark church which had been located at the site of the present-day Mississauga Golf Club site. The 1838 building lasted until 1894 when it was taken away and a new church built on the site. The 1838 building was relocated at the corner of Port and Peter Streets, became known as Shaw’s Hall, and served as a town hall for many meetings—political, social, lantern slide shows, dances etc. This facility was rented for a short time and was then purchased by the Lodge. Renovations were an ongoing activity: electricity was installed in 1915, three stoves were purchased in November 1915.

Charity and benevolence was an early component of the Lodge program and appears to date from December 1915. Social activities for members and their families included “at homes” (the first one dating from February 1916).